There were several African monsters and beasts that made appearances in the Greek myths. They are sometimes called Theres Aithiopikoi.
- Elephantoi - Elephants; one of the favored elephants was a sub-species of elephant that was common in Mauretania. They are now extinct.
- Hippopotamoi - Hippopotamus'
- Hyainai - Hyenas
- Kamelopardales - Giraffes; they were known as "camel-leopards" to the Greeks.
- Krokodiloi - Crocodiles
- Leontes - Lions; they weren't only native to Africa but also to Ancient Greece.
- Onokentauroi - Possibly chimpanzees; they were known as "donkey-centaurs" to the Greeks.
- Pardales - Leopards; also native to Ancient Greece
- Rhinokerotoi - Rhinoceroses; known as "nose-horns" to the Greeks.
- Ethiopian Pegasi
- Ethiopian Bulls
- Ethiopian Sphinxes
|v • e||Beasts|
|Unique :||Agrius and Oreius • Arachne • Argus Panoptes • Areion • Ekhidna • Erymanthian Boar • Euryale • Geryon • Hydra • Kampe • Kalydonian Boar • Kaukasios Eagle • Kerberos • Kharybdis • Khimaira • Klazomenaian Sow • Kretan Bull • Krommyonian Sow • Mantikhoras • Medusa • Minotaur • Nemean Lion • Ophiotaurus • Pegasos • Sphinx • Stheno • Typhon|
|Groups :||African Beasts • Arean Birds • Drakainae • Gorgons • Hekatonchires • Ikhthyokentauroi • Indian Beasts • Kentaurides • Kentauroi • The Keres • Kyklops • Sirens • Stymphalian Birds|
|Related Articles :||Automatons|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.